Thursday 18 October 2007

HEY GUYS FROM ASECNA ...A Funny Story by Mayaba TCHALLA

It was the 7th October 2007, a sunny Sunday. It was the first really sunny day since we came to Bristol two weeks ago. I decided that spending this colourful day at home would be a scandalous sin, so I thought it would be good to go and see this circus on the Downs: The Moscow State Circus.
I spent 3 hours doing my homework and I left home at 12 am. I took a bus to the centre and I walked to the school on Lower Park Row. I didn’t know where the Downs was but I was told that from the school I had to walk straight and I would reach my attraction for the day. So I walked, and walked, and walked, asking from time to time to pedestrians if I was going the right way to the Downs. It took 1 hour and a half to reach the place and enjoy the Circus.
It was great; the performers were skilful. I saw acrobats, magicians, clowns, a tightrope walker and ballet dancers…. After the two hour show I left the Downs, my head full of dreams. It was 4 o’clock and the sun was shining in a cloudless sky. I was happy and grateful to God for giving me such a beautiful day.
I started walking to the school from where I would have to reach my bus stop in the city centre, near the Bristol Hippodrome. I was confident that I had taken the right way and I was thinking of my evening activities and the coming week’s courses. I was pleased to walk but I began to feel tired and I was in a real hurry to reach the school. You can imagine my happiness when I saw the fish and chip shop that I seemingly recognised because I thought I was not far from a good seat and a moment of rest. It was 5.30 pm and once again I raised my eyes, confident that I would see the Red Lodge which is near the school but to my surprise I saw… the beautiful lights of the Moscow State Circus. So after 1 hour and a half of walking, I was lost.

1 comment:

scholar said...

Fantastic report - Well done Mayaba!