Tuesday 21 July 2009

Writing about my town, Leon (Spain)


Writing about my town, Leon (Spain)

For me, Leon is one of the most beautiful cities of Spain. Its Gothic cathedral, with its incomparable stain glass windows, is unmistakeable and the most impressive of Spain because of its huge dimensions and beauty.

My town is very lovely to live in , because it’s not big but not small neither. The people of Leon, called ‘cazurros’, are very friendly and if you have a problem don’t hesitate to ask them about it. I’m absolutely sure they will help you.

At the momenbt, I am not living there because I am living and studying in Madrid, but when I go to Leon I really appreciate how lovely it is, as you realise that it’s a very nice city where you can live without the stress of the capital.

I think the most typical thing to do in my town, apart from visiting its cathedral and museums, is to visit the old town, which is called ‘Barrio Hiumedo’, where you can taste all our traditional food products, like blood pudding or cured meat.

If I had to compare my town with any other city of Spain, maybe I would say that it’s very similar to Salamanca, another historical and overcrowded tourist city. In fact, it’s very close to Leon in the same province.

By Antonio Prieto Tenorio, August 2008
Image credit: http://www.uwgb.edu

No comments: