Thursday 31 January 2008

My Host Family, by Jung Yu-Jin

I live in Southville with my host family. The first time I saw our house, I was surprised because it looks like one house but there are two houses. Our house has three floors. It has narrow stairs. Actually, I think everything is narrow in England. Narrow roads, narrow stairs, narrow bridges, etc. But I really like that. The house I live in has two bathrooms and many rooms. One of the rooms is mine and the other room isn’t used by anybody.
In my house, there are seven people. One of them is my host mother, Nora Clark and her business partner Hans. They are very kind to me. Hans has a huge body. He is German. He has big hands and he is a humorous person. Nora has a small face and big eyes. She has a good sense of humour and she is a very funny person. I like to talk with Nora. Also Ben, Andy and Chris live in the house. They have jobs so I can’t meet them much. Another two people are me and Vivianne.
I really like my host family. Everyone helps my English studies and they are very nice to me. Every dinner which Nora makes is always fantastic. After dinner, I always eat dessert, something like chocolate cake, yoghurts, fruit. We always talk about something during dinner time. That’s really helped my English. I enjoy that. Sometimes, my host family tell me [things like] where the shopping mall is and how I can get there.
When I go back my to country, I’ll try to keep in touch with my host family.

No comments: