Sunday 13 April 2008

ASECNA: message from Abdel-Aziz Abderahamane, in Tchad

Sent 21 February 2008
As you know there was a war in our country. It is the first time I am opening my [mail]box since that. it was terrible. We thought we were going to die and it will be the end of our lives. But thank GOD almighty we are now safe and the war lasted only two days. Many people fled away with their families. I didn't leave the capital but [if] it had lasted more I should have done the same thing. Many innocent people died. There was also many robberies. But I am OK and all my family and also our houses. We say in islam alhamdulillah which means thank GOD. we have started working now and the capital is peaceful even though the rebels are present in the south eastern part of the country. During this period our airspace was managed by Brazzaville and Niamey. We are going to resume our normal duties and manage the aircraft tomorrow at 1200 UTC time God willing.
My colleagues are all OK and their families. I am talking about Benjamin, Tougue and Roger. But Roger left the country and he's now in Niamey. I don't know when our people are going to understand that we should stop fighting each other and work together for the development of our countries maybe it will take centuries as it was the case for European countries

No comments: